Re: chrony and DST

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:13:34 +0100, Davide Mancusi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I use chrony to keep the clock of my Debian Sid in sync. When
> we switched off DST, a few weeks ago, chrony sent me an e-mail telling
> me that it was trying to apply an offset of about 3600 seconds, i.e.
> one hour. Is this behaviour normal? I don't recall seeing anything
> similar with ntpd...

Are you dual-booting with Windows?

Is your hardware clock set to UTC or local time? (If you do not remember
how you configured this when you installed the system, look at the output
of "grep UTC /etc/default/rcS".)

What output do you get from these two commands:

hwclock -r

zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2008

          Florian   |