Re: Unappending boot options in Lilo?

Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@vianet.ca>:
>  On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 09:29:57AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> > >On 11/13/08 11:49, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > >[snip]

> > >[Sigh]  Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug...
> > >
> > >This is the 21st Century.  Only crotchety old geezers have computers
> > >with floppy drives in them.
> >
> > Thanks. ;-) I love my floppydrive. But am have trouble finding fresh
> > floppies.
>
>  I find that maxell and imation floppies work well.  Then again, so do my
>  IBM PS/2 floppies from 1988.  They don't make 'em like they used to

My /etc (presumably text files) piped through bzip2 is over 4 Mb.

Other than Sneakernet use, moving source code or emails or
documentation, what can you do with 1.44 Mb of space?!?  I paid $25
two years ago for my (used) CD burner.  At that price, why keep floppy
drives around?  I always found that reading them on another floppy
drive was hit or miss; the tolerances were atrocious!

I have enough CD backups to make it confusing.  I can't imagine using
floppies today.