Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

> > On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 06:02:24PM +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:

[.,]

> I cannot even switch to a tiling window manager because of the line
> length issue. My 14", 1024x768 display is just too narrow to have two
> windows side-by-side and too wide to have Firefox running fullscreen.

mine is 1400x1050 .. with 232 columns per line that's about 6 pixels per
character .. and perfectly legible.

So with the same terminus font I'm using you would get about 160 columns
per line .. which with your screen split down the middle would give you
two 80 cols pages side by side on a 1024x768 display.

The newer version of gnu/screen has this feature as exemplified in these
screenshot:

http://www.geocities.com/fcky1000/fcky/screen0.png
http://www.geocities.com/fcky1000/fcky/screen1.png

CJ