Re: Package signing

* Paras pradhan <pradhanparas@gmail.com> 14.11.2008
>    I am creating a local debian lenny pool in which I need to add customized
>     debian lenny packages. For good practice  do i need to sign the modified
>    packages that I modified? If yes how do i do it?

Hello Paras,

I have here also a local repository with some packages and I only sign
the complete repository, not the particular packages. I have a small
script for doing this.

---------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

cd <repository>
dpkg-scanpackages ./ /dev/null > Packages
apt-ftparchive release . > Release
gpg -abs -o Release.gpg Release

I have added my GPG-key with apt-key to the trusted keys and now I'm no
more blamed with the message "These packages are from an untrusted
source ..."

This is not the best way, but it's enough for me.

Hth Michael

--
Boost system speed by 200% - DEL C:WINDOWS*.*