Re: Software For Book Writing

>>         Stefan "Who doesn't understand why people use such old systems
>>                 given the availability of cheap replacements which are
>>                 much smaller and consume less power."

Nothing wrong with running on whatever hardware is available.
But if your hardware was around for the fall of the Berlin Wall,
criticisms of UTF (or anything really) as a drag on system resources
will make you sound like a crank.

UTF is excess for minimal systems, embedded applications, old boxes
used for dedicated NAT/firewalls/etc., but someone who is running in a
more recent hardware environment will notice absolutely no speed
difference.  And hey, maybe they'll want to learn to speak Chinese
some day!

Anyway (trying to drag this back to the original topic) -- it looks
like there is support for LaTeX on Windows via MiKTeX, per a cursory
look here[1].  I don't know if anyone uses it, but I guess someone
must, since the MiKTeX package is still around...

[1] http://www.math.nus.edu.sg/aslaksen/cs/cjk.html