Re: Software For Book Writing

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 02:20:36PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>         Stefan "Who doesn't understand why pople use such old systems
>                 given the availability of cheap replacements which are
>                 much smaller and consume less power."

* not everybody lives in regions with the same "techonological density"
as, say, New York. Even less people live in places where discared
thecnological products are correctly recycled

* what one already has is even cheaper that anything that one does not
have

* I am not expert, but I do not belive that it is so easy and so cheap
to find a i386 compatible processor (and motherboard, ...) that consumes
less power than a old fanless 486 and is as much reliable as that old
processor. However I am very interested in the contrary.

* finally, at least one person in this threard has very good family
reasons to run processors with low frequency (as past threads explain).