Re: Very slim Desktop Manager

NN_il_Confusionario <pinkof.pallus@tiscalinet.it> writes:

> The huge problem is that all combination of therminals, fonts, color
> depths, screen resolutions, and refresh rates which I could try were
> always "infinitely" less tolerable for my eyes than linux or *BSD vt
> consoles.

Are you trying to use truetype fonts, or are you using fixed fonts?
I find that truetype fonts can't match fixed fonts for terminal type
applications.  I am using konsole with fixed fonts and white
characters on a black background, and that is as good as a console
display for me.  I do use truetype fonts for all other windowing
applications, but they don't work for xterm, konsole, rxvt and other
terminal emulators.
--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org