Re: compiz is black (was: Re: alternative to brightside)

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 21:51:40 -0600
lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:54:26 -0600
> "Stackpole, Chris" <CStackpole@barbnet.com> wrote:
>
> > Umm, I believe it should...I am thinking something isn't right with
> > your compiz install.
>
> Yeah, I guess so ... Maybe I missed an important package or so when
> installing compiz? But the metapackage should have taken care of that.

Ok, I tried it again, and it works now. But seamless switching works
only when the cube is enabled, and that cube has only 4 sides.

What I need is 4x4 virtual desktops with seemless switching
left/right/up/down. Is that possible with compiz?