RE: alternative to brightside

Umm, I believe it should...I am thinking something isn't right with your
compiz install.

> > Of course that plugin does require you to be running compiz...
>
> Well, I tried that. I installed compiz and it didn't appear in gdm as
> session I could select. I made a session file for that, but no matter
> if I don't use gdm and start compiz from my .xinitrc or with gdm, all
> it shows is a black screen. Maybe I'll go back to enlightenment ...
>
> Still I'd like to try compiz. What did I do wrong that compiz only
shows
> a black screen? No menues, nothing, no window decorations ... but it
> seems to be running.

Again, I am thinking your system either doesn't support compiz or isn't
configured right. Fraid I don't know much about compiz. I just searched
for problems with my hardware and when I didn't find anything major I
just installed the deb packages then added 'fusion-icon' as a startup
program in my session preferences. I then thanked the developers and
went on my merry way to play with my new eye-candy.

Anyone out there able to provide more help for Lee?

Good luck and have fun!