Re: About my Firewall Settings - I would like an opinion

Sam Kuper escribió:

2008/11/10 Sam Kuper <sam.kuper@uclmail.net <mailto:sam.kuper@uclmail.net>>

    By using REJECT instead of DROP, you have no stealth. This means
    you can be port-scanned to look for weaknesses, e.g. unpatched
OpenSSH vulnerabilities, etc.

That said, if SSH traffic is blocked, an OpenSSH vuln. might not be significant. If you're allowing and inbound traffic, though, any unpatched flaws in the app servicing that inbound traffic could expose your system to attack.

Also, by REJECTing rather than DROPping, you might be more vulnerable to DoS attacks.

Consider using a default (LOG and) DROP policy instead. Michael Rash's site (www.cipherdyne.org <http://www.cipherdyne.org>) has some good resources for learning about this and implementing it.
I have set the default policy in DROP.

What more could i do?

Thank you very much, i appreciate your help.