Re: Fwd: Fwd: xrandr -o left

Brian McKee wrote:
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:36 PM, Rob Starling
<debian-user@robstarling.org> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 02:24:08PM -0500, Brian McKee wrote:
 I was actually doing it here
for a bit, but my CRT distorts colours when you put it on it's side.

did you find all colors distorted?  or just text?  and when you
say "crt", do you mean it?  or is it an lcd?  i ask b/c it could
have been due to subpixel rendering of fonts on lcds.

It's all CRT, and there was nothing 'subpixel' or subtle about it.
It's like the alignment on the colour guns in the tube goes to heck.

I'm guessing things have settled into place, and shifting it on it's
side jostles the insides around.
No, it the earth magnetic field. CRTs are compensated for that, but of course rotating the screen, one also has to rotate that compensation.

Sjoerd

Brian