Fwd: xrandr -o left

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brian McKee <brian.mckee@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:19 PM
Subject: Re: xrandr -o left
To: Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com>

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With 'xrandr -o left' you rotate the display.
>
> Anybody use that for a useful purpose?
>
> I am at a loss to find one because mouse action is all backwards.
>
> Do you physically have to rotate your monitor for it to be useful?

I think that's the point - e.g.  Sears Portrait Studios (and other
photography stores that do portrait shots) often set their monitors up
that way for more vertical real-estate.   I was actually doing it here
for a bit, but my CRT distorts colours when you put it on it's side.
Dunno why - hanging wiring I guess.   Wide screen really only makes
sense for video I think - I'd rather have the vertical space for web
browsing and text.

Brian