Re: Fwd: xrandr -o left

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 02:24:08PM -0500, Brian McKee wrote:
> I think that's the point - e.g.  Sears Portrait Studios (and other
> photography stores that do portrait shots) often set their monitors up
> that way for more vertical real-estate.   I was actually doing it here
> for a bit, but my CRT distorts colours when you put it on it's side.
> Dunno why - hanging wiring I guess.   Wide screen really only makes
> sense for video I think - I'd rather have the vertical space for web
> browsing and text.

did you find all colors distorted?  or just text?  and when you
say "crt", do you mean it?  or is it an lcd?  i ask b/c it could
have been due to subpixel rendering of fonts on lcds.

images look great on my dell lcd in "-o left" mode, but text
isn't as nice as it is in "-o normal".  (also, X gets confused
about the X and Y range of my wacom tablet when i switch)

--Rob

--
| "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane"               |