Re: Confirmation Message from I Am Three

2008/11/7 Robert Holtzman <holtzm@cox.net>
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Sam Kuper wrote:
Dear all,
I selected option three (report abuse).
Sucker!

Listen, moron, some sites (Facebook, Reverbnation, etc) let users import their address books from Hotmail, etc and then send out invitations, update emails, etc to all those people.

If one of the imported email addresses is, say, the debian-user mailing list address rather than, for instance, a friend's email address, then the user has abused the facility. Reverbnation is quite right to provide an abuse link. It's actually much like the confirmation email the debian-user list sends to people who sign up: to avoid a person subscribing someone who doesn't wish to be subscribed.

So, frankly, given that at least one person on debian-user (me) doesn't want to be emailed concert dates, album release info, etc, from I Am Three*, I think that my choosing option three was entirely appropriate.

Next time, think before you insult.

*http://www.reverbnation.com/jesuistrois - if you're interested.