Re: Confirmation Message from I Am Three

On Fri,07.Nov.08, 20:57:08, Sam Kuper wrote:

> If one of the imported email addresses is, say, the debian-user mailing list
> address rather than, for instance, a friend's email address, then the user
> has abused the facility. Reverbnation is quite right to provide an abuse
> link. It's actually much like the confirmation email the debian-user list
> sends to people who sign up: to avoid a person subscribing someone who
> doesn't wish to be subscribed.

No it's not, because the default is "you are subscribed". Only spammers
do this.

> So, frankly, given that at least one person on debian-user (me) doesn't want
> to be emailed concert dates, album release info, etc, from I Am Three*, I
> think that my choosing option three was entirely appropriate.

No it was not. Besides, you can't write on behalf of debian-user (only
the listmasters can). If you really want to do something about spam then
*bounce* it (some mail clients call this "redirect") to
report-listspam@lists.debian.org

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)