Re: Software For Book Writing

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
Raj Kiran Grandhi escreveu:
Can it convert from latex to odt format? I have spent quite a bit of time unsuccessfully searching for something that would do it without causing a lot of grief. Please point me to it. It would be a life saver in those cases where people insist on receiving documents in .doc format.

Can't you just send a pdf? It's as ubiquitous as Word (or even more),
and this will keep the beautiful formatting Latex does.

If I can get them to accept it. They probably want it to be editable. I think the best way to make them learn the folly of their (people who insist on .doc) ways is to convert each page of the pdflatex's output into a png and embed them as pages in the .doc format :)

                                       -- Albert Einstein