Re: t-mobile android htc google phone not mounting

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 5:24 PM, Mitchell Laks <mlaks@post.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend dropped by and plugged his new Google Android HTC phone
> into a usb slot on my sid box (with a 2.6.26 kernel) and when we typed
> dmesg we saw a /dev/sdb however when I typed
> fdisk -l

Have you tried directly mounting /dev/sdb? I don't have or use an
Android phone, but I have a device here (ivo sound m620 mp3 player)
that mounts that way, whole disk, and doesn't have any partitions on
the device. It simply mounts as /dev/sdg or what have you.

I thought it odd, and it threw me a bit, but it works - and it was a
steal at fry's (it's $39.99 for a 4 gig mp3 player that does amv video
too - very small screen, though) so I am not worried.