Re: t-mobile android htc google phone not mounting

On Wednesday 05 November 2008 05:24:44 pm Mitchell Laks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend dropped by and plugged his new Google Android HTC phone
> into a usb slot on my sid box (with a 2.6.26 kernel) and when we typed
> dmesg we saw a /dev/sdb however when I typed
> fdisk -l
> my system did not report any mountable partitions.
>
> Does anyone know how to mount the new G phone on a linux system as
> a drive?
>
> Mitchell

I connect to mine by running pmount /dev/sdb1 -- so far this has worked, with
several MicroSD cards installed in the G1. There doesn't seem to be anything
special about G1's USB connection, so my guess is that the problem lies with
the PC rather than with the phone.

Testing it on another machine (even a Windows or OS X box) would probably be
in order.