Re: Recording from XM radio

On 2008-Oct-26, at 2:52 PM, Ron Johnson wrote:

Every ISP offers static IP addresses for an extra fee.

Oh, I wish that were true. There isn't an ISP in the Indianapolis area that offers a static IP (to residential customers). Although, there are a couple that will claim to offer it because they don't know what it means and you won't find out until the installer is in your house that it wasn't true.

I am also unable to find an ISP that doesn't block this and that port "for my safety".

Rob McBroom

Because it screws up the order in which people normally read text.