Re: CLI Image viewer: top left, no resize.

2008/11/5 Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@vianet.ca>:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 04:28:30PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> I need to test a new LCD monitor. What program can display a png image
>> with the top left pixel of the image in the top left pixel of the
>> screen, without resizing the image? Thus, if the image is larger than
>> the screen the bottom and right will be cut off. A CLI approach would
>> be best. Thanks.
>
> Since your discription precludes a window border, I'd suggest something
> that puts an image on the root window, with a window manager that gets
> right out of your way (e.g. no toolbar) such as (I think) openbox (one
> of the 'boxen at least).

Thanks, you are right. xli and xloadimage both display borders. It
seems that xloadimage has a onroot option, but I could not get it to
display an image with onroot.

I would really rather not install another windows manager on this poor
girl's computer, is there another option? I don't mind a GUI app if
need be, but I cannot find anything that does what I thought would be
a rather simple function!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com