Re: How to change the option of USB auto-mounting

Michael Pobega wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 03:00:08PM +0100, Emanoil Kotsev wrote:
>> J.H.Kim wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, everyone
>> >
>> > When my USB memory is plugged, it is mounted at /media/USB DISK
>> > automatically.
>> > I'd like to change the mounting option with -o iocharset=cp949.
>> > Please telll me which file that mounts the USB automatically should I
>> > modify?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> > J.H.Kim
>>
>> we recently had a discussion about it and came to the conclusion that
>> it's best to create and use LABEL on the USB partition(s) and use it
>> in /etc/fstab
>>
>> if using udev you have to put your mount point under /media I think, then
>> plugging in the device will automount it with the options from /etc/fstab
>>
>> kde/gnome have GUI for setting this up
>>
>> regards
>>

> What thread did you recently discuss this in? I'd like to read up on how
> to do this using LABELs.

In this user group under "USB ownership"

and in kubuntu user list udner "USB disks directorys"

> You could also label your usb disk and/or partitions. Detailed
> instructions are found on:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RenameUSBDrive

In kde there is a GUI to do all of this. I didn't try LABEL, cause I did
UUID but then came to the conclusion LABEL is much better and user reported
the same

regards