Re: How to change the option of USB auto-mounting

J.H.Kim wrote:

> Hi, everyone
>
> When my USB memory is plugged, it is mounted at /media/USB DISK
> automatically.
> I'd like to change the mounting option with -o iocharset=cp949.
> Please telll me which file that mounts the USB automatically should I
> modify?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
> J.H.Kim

we recently had a discussion about it and came to the conclusion that it's
best to create and use LABEL on the USB partition(s) and use it
in /etc/fstab

if using udev you have to put your mount point under /media I think, then
plugging in the device will automount it with the options from /etc/fstab

kde/gnome have GUI for setting this up

regards