copy paste from vim to konsole does not work

I have access two machines (say primary, secondary)

1) I log in into primary
2) open two konsoles on primary
3) From one of the konsoles, ssh into secondary
4) open a file in vim on secondary
5) select something in this vim session with mouse
6) go to the second konsole on primary
7) pasting the selected text with middle click does not work

However the following works
1) I log in into primary
2) open two konsoles on primary
3) From one of the konsoles, ssh into secondary
4) select something on this screen with mouse
5) go to the second konsole on primary
7) pasting the selected text with middle click works.

So the problem seems to be coming from pasting from a vim session.

primary is running Debian Etch, KDE 3.5.5
secondary is running CentOS release 5.2

On the secondary machine, I have "set mouse=a" in the .vimrc

Any idea on where I should start debugging?

thanks
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi