Sarge Repository Gone

On our last remaining Sarge box (I know, I know ..) my periodic
"apt-get" script which checks for updates (I realise security stopped
back in March) failed last weekend with 404s on all the package lists
for Sarge (it uses ftp.de.debian.org).

A check of packages.debian.org seems to confirm Sarge packages are not
being offered any more, and having seen a post that Sarge is moving to
archive.d.o, I looked and can see that Sarge is mostly there
("/dists/sarge" is there, but there's no "/dists/Debian-3.1", and the
/README file doesn't mention Sarge/3.1).  I can see the directories are
dated 28th.Oct, so it's probably still underway.

Can anyone confirm for me that it should be okay for us to repoint
sources.list to archive.d.o for a while, in order to apt-get anything we
need to install prior to our belated upgrade to Etch ?

Thanks,
Nick Boyce