Re: automake/debian packaging

On Sunday 26 October 2008, Peter Robinson <peter.robinson@t-online.de>
wrote about 'automake/debian packaging':
>I have written some C code that I would like to package as a dynamic
>library using automake/autoconf and thence as a debian package. I am
>afraid I have had zero experience with these tools, and the documents I
>have found online are either too simple or too complex to get started.
>Sorry if this is a bit OT, but does anyone on this list have any tips on
>tutorials for creating a dynamic C library from a source tree with the
>following structure:

debian-mentor or debian-devel might be better groups to ask.  I'd suggest
trying to learn by example.  Grab some C library from the debian main
tree, use apt-src/dpkg-source to get and extract the source, and start
digging around in their debian/ directory.  debian/control and
debian/rules to start with.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03@volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))