Re: iptables problems

Just for everyone's FYI - it looks like I'm going to have to change hosting companies. Here's the response I got from the hosting company:

"Please allow me the opportunity to clear up a few things about how Virtuozzo works with various modules. Basically, the VZ kernel cannot be changed unless it's replaced with another precompiled VZ kernel on the node and that new kernel must be provided by the software vendor. Furthermore, the VZ kernel cannot be extended with modules unless the modules are provided by the vendor. In this case, Parallels (the software vendor for Virtuozzo, formerly named SWsoft) has several ipt_ modules available that are used by firewalls, but unfortunately ipt_recent is not one of them."

So I've already created a new account with another company and am setting up the server.

Thanks to those who helped.