iptables problems

Hi, all,

I'm trying to get iptables to work on a new debian vps. This worked before my hosting company changed to virtuozzo for their vm.

On the new system I'm getting the following error:

iptables: No chain/target/match by that name

This is a response to any iptables statement using the ipt_recent module, i.e.

iptables -A FTP -p tcp --syn -m recent --name badFTP --rcheck --seconds 3600 -j REJECT

I tried

modprobe ipt_recent

But get the error:

FATAL: Module ipt_recent not found.

Of course, this all worked in the previous version.