Re: [Debian-User] Partitioning Scheme

On Fri,24.Oct.08, 23:02:51, Javier Vasquez wrote:

> Well, The following scheme is proposed (from what I read btoh from
> openBsd and Debian reference guide):
>
> Partition               Suggested Size (openBsd)
>
> /                             150   M
> /usr                        6       G
> /var                        80     M

That's waaay to small!

> Any suggestions, specially to fill in the sizes, would be helpful.
> Notice my previous approaches would consist on a 500M /boot, a 1G swap
> (the box has 512M ram), and ~6.5G /, but I want to change that, :)

Try running as root:

du -hx --max-depth=1 /

Might take a while, but you should get a list with your top-level dirs
and what they are using now. This could be a good basis on planning your
layout. One idea would be to use double the size of what you are using
now for and all the rest to /home

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)