Re: how to convert several .flv files to a real media file?

Thanks a lot!

I use the command you offer. There are many issues to be solved. I use mplayer to play it. I have not installed ffmpeg. Mplayer can't forward seek when playing it. vlc play only video, not sound.

Besides, mencoder can encode .flv. See its usage page:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/menc-feat-selecting-codec.html

At the end of the web page above, it has an example how to convert a avi file to a .flv flash file.