Samba LDAP failed

Hi people
I am installing samba and ldap on an ubunto machinne, but I could get
the windows terminals on it, well i do an apt-get remove -- purge all
the tools that I had installed for it, and re do it again atep by
step, but when I try to populate the smbldap, it fails

root@Linux01:/etc/smbldap-tools# smbldap-populate -u 2000 -g 2000
entry: .....
failed to add entry: no global superior knowledge at
/usr/sbin/smbldap-populate line 495,  line 2.
adding new entry: ....

Please provide a password for the domain root:
No such object at /usr/share/perl5/smbldap_tools.pm line 353.
root@Linux01:/etc/smbldap-tools#

I must say that in te first instalation, the smbldap got the poulated good

Also i had modified the /etc/pam.d/common-auth,
/etc/pam.d/common-session, /etc/pam.d/common-password

and restore them too

I don't know what to do know, i am with out ideas, there area a way to
apt-ghet remove --purge all the files.. instruction to make wath files
change this last week (it could be good for know waht files changes, i
just think on it ) , o just format the disck(nooooooo)
what is the explanation for it thanks

--
Carlos Eduardo Sotelo Pinto ( KrLoS )
Free and OpenSource Software Developer