Re: USB ownership

On Wed,22.Oct.08, 09:33:58, Aioanei Rares wrote:

> I've read something about a year ago that adding an entry in fstab for usb
> sticks isn't
> such a good idea...can't remember the link though.YMMV.

Hhm, ...

$ grep mirror /etc/fstab
LABEL=mirror	/media/mirror	ext3	user,noatime,data=journal,commit=600	0

... works for me. Of course, I also had to create the mountpoint
(/media/mirror), but now every time I plug the external hdd an icon will
appear on Xfce's desktop (due to HAL) and if I mount it (either by
clicking the icon or using pmount) it will be mounted in the same place.

I even have a symlink in my homedir and I can do 'pmount mirror'
('mirror' being the symlink) and mount it.

If the drive is plugged on boot it will be mounted automatically.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)