latex/maketextfm problem

Hi all,

I am trying to use a latex template that leads to the following error. The problem seems to be related to a file called hv or to the fact that fonts cannot be created at a certian size (last two lines). I have seen some problems similar to the second issue in various mailing lists, but was not able to find a solution. Anyone have any ideas? PS, I have a "sid" system, psfontmgs is installed, and most of the tetex/latex stuff is installed (and working).

Thanks Peter

kpathsea: Running mktextfm hv
/usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Could not map typeface abbreviation v for hv. /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexnam: Need to update /usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/map/fontname/special.map? mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input hv
This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)

kpathsea: Running mktexmf hv
! I can't find file `hv'.
<*> \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input hv

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input hv

Transcript written on mfput.log.
grep: hv.log: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input hv' failed to make hv.tfm.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
! Font \footnotefont=hv at 6.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
l.163 \font\footnotefont\frutigermed at 6pt

?