Re: making ssh connections persistent

On 10/22/08 14:23, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
I often use ssh to access other computers at school. However, I can't make
these connections persistent. If there is no activity (say in 20 minutes),
the ssh connection just freezes up. As a result, I have to kill all the
gvim, xterm windows opened from that terminal. This is very annoying if I
am coding something.

Is it possible to make ssh connections which do not freeze even if there is
no activity for a while?

That sounds like a security feature configured on the host side.

You could write a little bash script that pings a remote host every few minutes. That would keep your link alive.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.