Re: OOo 3.0 still not ready?? (was Re: Non-Debian Provided Packages)

On 10/21/08 05:53, Rene Engelhard wrote:
Hi,

Paul Cartwright wrote:
so on my Lenny system, if I run this command:

apt-get install -t experimental openoffice.org

will it overwrite my existing 2.4 installation, or will I have 2 OOs
available ?

think a bit... Same package names -> overwrites 2.4.

And you won't be able to install it on pure lenny, needs one lib from
sid. The other one (liblucene2-java) can be omitted when you don't
install the metapackage (openoffice.org) or don't need search in the
help...

At some time there will be a lenny-backport, though.

Or he could install directly from www.openoffice.org or go-oo.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.