Developing signal generator on ICH6

Hi, first of all, let me introduce myself.

I'm an electronic engineering student and I'm having some troubles
with my project wich i have to develop to become an engineer. So
that's why I'm posting here.

The project itself is based on my laptop (ICH6 with the AC97
soundcard). I'm trying to develop a sound generator with the AC97.

I've been working hard but there is somethig wrong and I'm not sure
what is it. I think is the Buffer Descriptor List Base Addres or maybe
the codec initialization, not sure...

I am looking at the alsa-driver to understand how does the driver
configure the soundcard so I can do the same but I don't understand
the source code at all...

So... somebody out there with some skills can help me?

Thank you very much!!