friend cannot see me on msn

Hi!
I just added a friend of mine on msn. I can see her and I can send messages to her but when I'm online it looks to her like I'm offline and none of her messages reach me. She tried to send an invitation to me several times but none of them reached me. I have no idea where to even begin looking so any help would be very much appreciated. The client I'm using is kopete 0.12.3, I don't know what client my friend uses but if you need to know I can ask her and I'd be happy to provide any other information that might be relevant.

regards
Andreas Berglund