Re: security question

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 07:51:38PM +0300, Bogdan wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Although I don't like it, the bank i work with only offers Internet
> Banking that works only under Internet Explorer. So, unfortunately, if I
> want to check out my account I see myself obliged to boot Windows :(. I
> know that IE can be installed through wine but no one  seems to guaranty
> safety... Would IE installed on my Debian be less safe than the one
> running in it's native environment? If yes, why would that be so?

I do not bother to install on Debian (If you know, please wrte howto
just for fun under wine.)

You can spoof user-agent string of your browser if that is the only
problem.  (You need java etc. to get their sites working though.) Many
sites uses such trick for no technical reason.

  http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch07.en.html#browserconfiguration

If you really need to access bank with Windows, please seek proper
protection measure elsewhere.

Osamu