Re: security question

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 07:51:38PM +0300, Bogdan wrote:

> Although I don't like it, the bank i work with only offers Internet
> Banking that works only under Internet Explorer. So, unfortunately, if I
> want to check out my account I see myself obliged to boot Windows :(. I
> know that IE can be installed through wine but no one  seems to guaranty
> safety... Would IE installed on my Debian be less safe than the one
> running in it's native environment? If yes, why would that be so?

One other possibility: install virtualbox-ose, and run an occasional Windows
session inside Debian when you need to bank.  That's what I do with some
specific software I need for my job.

Alternatives include Xen and VMWare Player.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!