Re: How to deploy deb files.

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 11:55:33AM -0400, John Culleton wrote:
> I just installed Debian specifically for the purpose of accessing the
> latest Gimp 2.6.1 version. I changed the references in sources.list
> from etch to lenny. I went through all the apt-get update etc.
> exercises. But I still get Gimp 2.4.7.

I guess you have not done dist-upgrade but you just did upgrade.

Anyway, use of apt for large scale upgrade is not something I would do.

Please read basic documents first:
  http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/html/ch03.en.html
  (The content has been updated for post-lenny release.  This is because
   I will make this stable package)