Re: [Debian-User] iceweasel + lprng

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:07:36 -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 17:10:35 -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> When I try to print a page from iceweasel, if I have lprng as my
> >> spooler engine, I don't  get in the file-print menu an option to print
> >> PostScript/default as I do with iceape.

[...]

> > If you are using iceweasel version 3, see here:
> >
> > http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2008/07/msg00523.html

[...]

> Yeap, I use debian unstable, and the iceweasel version is 3.0.3.  Bad
> thing is that I don't use gnome (neither kde for that matter), just
> plain fluxbox.  So after generating by hand "~/.gtkrc-2.0", and
> including in it gtk-print-backends = "file,lpr,cups", did not help me
> at all, and I do have installed libgtk2.0-0...

Just to make sure: Did you close and restart iceweasel after creating
the configuration file?

You can test whether your iceweasel really opens the configuration file
if you install the "strace" package and do this:

strace -efile iceweasel 2>&1 | grep gtkrc

(Be prepared for a longer startup time and a general sluggishness of the
 user interface if you run iceweasel like that.)

> No way to do this inside iceweasel itself?

If I remember the discussion in July correctly then we did not find a
way; that was quite frustrating for the lpr(ng) users until Jan Willem
Stumpel posted the solution via gtkrc. You should maybe read the entire
thread yourself; I use CUPS and was not affected by the problem, so I
did not pay attention to every detail.

          Florian   |