Re: PXE server configuration

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 01:18:40PM +0200, Jesus arteche wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I got to install a PXE server in my net so that i can install ubuntu and
> debian via netboot, i made it with tftp and dhcp, this is easy for these two
> distros because they have already a netboot images for that. The server is
> running under Debian 4.0 and i wondering if there are some way to do the
> next:

Just edit pxelinux.cfg/default and add relevant entries there.
(or write a configuration fie specific for the IP address / mac address
of the specific system you want to boot)

Pathes are relavive to the tftp root. e.g. to /var/lib/tftpboot .

> 1.- The same that i made for ubuntu and debian,...but with kubuntu..

Basically the same.

> 2.- and for windows xp
> 3.- and for backup images of the pc's of the net made it with system rescuo
> or norton ghost.

Not sure about those. You need some sort of chainloader. Consult the
syslinux homepage? (pxelinux is syslinux).