Re: how to setup mail server to use (Yahoo|Gmail) smtp servers

On 10/14/08 21:15, H.S. wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
exim and postfix are overkill if you just want to send mails to a
smarthost. msmtp could do the job; another option is esmtp.
But then you can't receive local (intra-system) mail.

Interesting. Couldn't I have both, exim4 and msmtp? I ask because I am
trying out msmtp's configuration on my computer which already has exim4
installed for local delivery. In the computer where I eventually intend
to install the feature, there is going to be just msmtp.

I don't see how, since they should both listen to ${HOSTNAME}:25.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson LA  USA

Help a man when he is in trouble and he will remember you when
he is in trouble again.