Re: puseaudio in Debian - is it ready?

Paul Johnson wrote:

> Right up until it doesn't.  And when it doesn't, it's a severe pain to fix.

I noticed that in FC9, the sound was working quite smoothly even when
the processor was quite busy (updating and installing stuff using yum).
This was a surprise to me. With as busy processor in Debian, I usually
get some sort an interruption in the sound. That prompted me to try out
pulseaudio in Debian too. Soon discovered it is pretty cumbersome to
install though.

Regards.

ever having been read.