Re: Load web page with Flash movie --> System freeze?

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008, Carl Fink engaged keyboard and shared this with us all:
>--} On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 01:18:25AM -0500, Mumia W.. wrote:
>--} > On 10/13/2008 11:30 PM, Carl Fink wrote:
>--} >> [...]
>--} >> This sounded really promising.  I was going to try it.
>--} >>
>--} >> But now the stupid computer won't boot past "setting the system
> clock" in --} >> Linux.  Still works fine in Windows.
>--} >>
>--} >> Time to reinstall again, I suppose.  This is becoming stupid.
>--} >
>--} > I sincerely hope you can get your computer back to working soon. With
>   --} > that sort of problem, I recommend changing the CMOS backup battery
> if --} > you haven't changed it in a couple of years.
>--}
>--} It works fine in Windows, or for that matter single-user mode.  Not
>--} hardware.  I'm tempted to go to Sid if that will get me a newer kernel.

I've had that happen myself for the last couple of kernel upgrades on my
laptop, but not very often. Just turn off at the wall switch, slip out
battery if it's being used, and turn on and boot again and all's well for
another series of boots. Since the last kernel upgrade this happens less but
still does occur.

I assume that it will rectify itself as the upgrades progress.

HTH
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524
An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against

Debian, just the best way to create magic