Re: Can't run aptitude

Dennis Wicks:
> Jochen Schulz wrote the following on 10/12/2008 08:06 AM:
>>
>> To me that looks like you have a http_proxy environment variable set.  I
>> think Synaptic and aptitude honour that. Or you have set the
>> corresponding option in apt.conf.
>
> Thanks for the pointer! That was the problem, although I have no idea
> where the settings came from as I don't have to use proxies.

Do you have anon-proxy (JAP) installed? I think it uses 4001/tcp by
default. Maybe it "advertizes" its service by setting these environment
variables. I'd simply grep /etc for 4001 to find the culprit. :)

J.
--
In idle moments I remember former lovers with sentimental tenderness.
[Agree]   [Disagree]