Re: Filing bug reports in Debian (was Re: Debian Stole My Name!)

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 01:07:41AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Oct 2008 23:46:39 -0400
> Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> wrote:
>
> > Data point: I reported a bug in the joe editor just over two years ago.
> > Joseph H. Allen even listed a patch to fix the bug in response to the
> > report.
> >
> > The bug remains unfixed.

> > And yes, I haven't reported many bugs since.  It is in fact discouraging.
>
> My experiences:  DDs haven't been rude to me, and some have been
> extremely helpful and polite.  I appreciate in particular the efforts
> of Marc Haber, Gregor Herrmann and Kel Modderman.

To clarify: I can't remember being treated rudely by a DD, and I've been
reporting bugs at least since slink was stable.  I just find that sometimes
bugs are ignored, as you mentioned below.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!