Re: Debian Stole My Name!

On Friday 10 October 2008, paragasu wrote:
> maybethe debian installer do not permit you to use the username hal.
> Create any user. after the installer finish.. you can login and
> create user 'Hal' with
> adduser.. ;)

I can verify this.  It took me a  while because I'm new to working with
some embedded systems, so for me, this was not a typical install.

When I tried to use "hal" as a username while working with the
installer, it wouldn't work.  After the install was done and the
computer booted, I logged in as root and used adduser to add "hal" as a
user immediately and it worked fine.

So it is only a problem with the installer.

Hal