Re: Where to get a Sarge ISO

On 10/09/08 16:23, Shawn Willden wrote:
With Lenny inches from release and Etch time-tested and stable, it's an odd thing to want, but I need to install Sarge.

I just took over management of a production server running Sarge, and I need to upgrade it to Etch, at least, in order to get it back on a supported platform. Unfortunately, I have no idea if the upgrade will break the application it's running, so I want to install Sarge in a VM, copy the application files over, verify the app works correctly and then upgrade to Etch so I can not only test the app on Etch, but also the upgrade process as well (I'm sure the upgrade works in general, I'm wondering if it'll break this app).

Unfortunately, the only Sarge ISO I have is an old netinst ISO, and it no longer appears to work. It seems to be trying to download a kernel and is unable to find one on the repository servers.

A full ISO would work fine, I'm sure, but I don't have one and I can't find one (or even MD5 sums) on any of the official mirrors. I can find a couple around the net but they're from random sites and I don't like installing stuff from sites I have no reason to trust. Ideally, I'd like to find an official place to download an ISO. Failing that, I'd like to find an official list of Sarge MD5 sums, so I can check the random stuff I'm downloading. Another alternative would be to find some way to make my netinst ISO work.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Couldn't you clone the disk(s) using PartImage?

http://www.partimage.org/Main_Page

Oh, I need the i386 arch.

--
Ron Johnson, Jr.