Re: Need help installing ndiswrapper

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote the following on 10/05/2008 02:33 PM:
Dennis Wicks wrote:
I am installing ndiswrapper and can't get it to complete properly.

In the INSTALL it states:

     You need a recent kernel, at least 2.6.16, with header files for the
     kernel. Make sure there is a link to the kernel source from the modules
     directory. The command

       ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

     should have at least 'include' directory and '.config' file.

I have kernel 2.6.26 and I have installed both the kernel headers and the kernel source but I still don't have the build directory and the required directory & file.

You don't need the kernel source, but rather the kernel include files.
These are in the package linux-headers-<version> .

OK, I did that and tried a few things, none of which worked.

I used aptitude to purge and install ndisgtk ndiswrapper-common
ndiswrapper-utils-1.9 and then:

  ndiswrapper -i /media/disk/drivers/network/R174291/bvmwl5.inf
  installing bcmwl5 ...

  modprobe ndiswrapper
  FATAL: Module ndiswrapper not found.

The same thing happens when I use ndisgtk to install the drivers.

So, no difference, no joy ...

Any more help?

TIA!
Dennis