Need help installing ndiswrapper

I am installing ndiswrapper and can't get it to complete properly.

In the INSTALL it states:

    You need a recent kernel, at least 2.6.16, with header files for the
    kernel. Make sure there is a link to the kernel source from the modules
    directory. The command

      ls /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

    should have at least 'include' directory and '.config' file.

I have kernel 2.6.26 and I have installed both the kernel headers and the kernel source but I still don't have the build directory and the required directory & file.

How do I get these setup?

TIA!!
Dennis